AC Maintenance Service Keeps Your HVAC System Healthy
What HVAC Preventative Maintenance Includes
Although many homeowners only arrange for air conditioner maintenance service when they notice problems with their system, setting regular maintenance appointments is a better idea. Professionals recommend scheduling HVAC preventative maintenance at least once a year, which can help you avoid many issues.
During visits, you can expect our technicians to:
- Examine ductwork: Technicians inspect exposed ductwork to locate damages that might reduce efficiency.
- Inspect A/C components: We examine every element of your air conditioning system to ensure every part is working correctly and safely.
- Tighten loose connections: During inspections, technicians tighten any loose electrical connections that could decrease efficiency and become a safety hazard.
- Test the thermostat: We make sure your thermostat is working correctly.
- Check the motor components: Technicians check the air conditioner’s moving parts, so they work efficiently.
- Check refrigerant: Because a drop in refrigerant levels can point to a leak, we check refrigerant during air conditioner maintenance service.
- Check the condensate drain: If a condensate drain gets dirty, it can cause a clog, so we routinely check the drain during maintenance.
- Our technicians check your filters during checkups and recommend replacement as needed. They will also explain what type of filter you have and how often they need to be replaced. Dirty filters can impact system efficiency and airflow.
- Can make recommendation to put tablets in the drain pan to remove algae if needed.
- Test the compressor
Benefits of Air Conditioning Maintenance Service
Air conditioner maintenance service is a bargain because the routine care that is included can save you time, money, and discomfort.
Benefits of regular maintenance include:
A More Efficient System
Regular HVAC preventative maintenance ensures that your system works at peak efficiency. An efficient unit needs less electricity to maintain the same household temperature than it would without maintenance.
Better Indoor Air Quality
Indoor air quality is part of maintaining a healthy home. If an HVAC system is dirty or spreads airborne contaminants, it can cause health issues, including breathing problems. Per The Asthma and Allergy Foundation, “reducing exposure to substances in the environment around us that trigger asthma and allergy symptoms is important.”
Routine air conditioning preventative maintenance helps improve home air quality by eliminating issues that pollute the air. For instance, technicians can correct problems like dirty coils and air ducts. They can make sure filters are clean and that humidity levels are healthy. Professionals also may use UV lights to eliminate contaminants.
Reduced Energy Use
A residential air conditioning system can be eco-friendly if you choose an energy-efficient model. However, it is essential to schedule routine air conditioner maintenance service to maximize savings. During maintenance, our technicians will correct any problems that cause excessive energy use, which helps you keep electric bills down and lower your carbon footprint.
Peace of Mind
A neglected HVAC system is much more likely to break down, leading to some stressful situations. Air conditioners are most likely to fail when working the hardest, usually in the hottest weather.
Your house can get very uncomfortable while you are waiting to have your system repaired or replaced. Still, it’s a problem that may be avoided just by scheduling air conditioner maintenance. As technicians perform air conditioning preventive maintenance, they look for potential trouble spots and correct them, often preventing future breakdowns.
Even if they need to replace a part, it is far less expensive and time-consuming than the cost of an emergency repair. Reducing the chance of inconvenient, expensive breakdowns brings you peace of mind.
A More Comfortable Home
It is easier for an air conditioner to keep every room in your home at the ideal temperature when it is running well. Regular A/C maintenance service will ensure that your system always performs at its best, keeping you cool and comfortable.
Less Household Dust
One of the benefits of central air conditioning is that it allows you to close your windows and keep dirt and grime from getting into your home. However, if your air conditioner gets dirty, it can spread dust into rooms.
Technicians can remove dirt and dust buildups from your system during maintenance visits. That reduces the chance of dust spreading through your home, making it hard to keep clean.
Longer HVAC Equipment Life
Professional maintenance helps ensure that your air conditioner runs well throughout a long lifespan. Our technicians have years of experience with residential and commercial air conditioning maintenance, so they have the skills to find and correct any issues that might shorten equipment life.
Air conditioners can last ten to fifteen years before they need replacing but may fail much sooner without proper care. An air conditioner is a major investment, and an air conditioner maintenance service helps you get the most from your investment.
Extending equipment life helps you save money. Replacing an air conditioner is a significant expense, but preventative maintenance will allow you to put off replacement for as long as possible. It ensures that you get the full potential from your system.
Rely on AC TEX, LLC for All Your Air Conditioning Needs
AC TEX, LLC is a locally owned and operated company serving the North Central Texas area. Our team of skilled technicians can provide a full range of HVAC services, including expert air conditioner maintenance. Contact us for all of your air conditioning and heating needs.